The electronic queue system allows you to increase the speed of customer service and reduce equipment costs
The main objective of the novelty is the organization of managing large queues during periods of peak congestion of the institution. Now in an era of intense competition and an acute shortage of time, customers do not want to wait long and will prefer another restaurant, especially when it comes to large entertainment complexes and food courts, where several fast-food restaurants are presented nearby.
The principle of the electronic queue system
A feature of the technology is that the guest service is divided into two stages – receiving the order at the checkout and issuing it in a separate window.
- the client comes to the checkout and makes an order that is assigned a specific identifier (this may be the name of the visitor or just the queue number);
- the order appears on the screen of the collector, and he begins to form it;
- after payment, the identifier is displayed in the receipt and displayed on the guest screen (the guest screen is a panel that is accessible to all guests of the institution and is located in a prominent place for their convenience; the screen shows two clearly differentiated columns “Order is being prepared” and “Order is ready” );
- at the end of the work, the collector marks the order on his screen, and on the guest monitor, the order moves to the column “Order ready”;
- the visitor, sitting at the table, or moving from the cash register to the issuing zone, can track his own order by identifier and, if necessary, pick it up;
- after delivery, the collector again marks the order on his screen, and it disappears from the collector’s screen and from the visitor’s monitor.
Queue Management Benefits
It is clear that the electronic queue system allows you to overcome the main difficulty – waiting for an order at the cash register. As a rule, a visitor is forced to wait until his order is prepared and formed, only then he can leave the cash register area, and the cashier can move on to servicing the next guest. Here, thanks to the separation of the functions of the cashier and the collector, this complexity is completely leveled.
In addition, often the most popular dishes or burgers end during periods of peak influx of visitors, and the guest has to stand at the counter for a long time, while the cashier accepts and forms other orders, thus, even more people accumulate in the checkout area, which interferes with both a comfortable stay in the restaurant and the efficient work of the cashier.
The solution that UCS offers significantly reduces queues and allows you to reduce the number of cash desks needed by about 30%, which significantly reduces equipment and maintenance costs. The “electronic queue” works in the R-Keeper system and assumes the presence of the following components:
- Computer with 2 VGA outputs.
- Large monitor / TV for outputting a guest monitor.
- Collector monitor (you can use the Touch screen or VDU keyboard).
- Service printer (optional).
The electronic queue system has already been successfully used in various networks with large flows of customers, including one of the most popular – the Burger King restaurant chain.